Thursday 31 October 2013

The Importance of a Good Environment and Rest ~ Objective: a Healthy Mindset for a Trader

When I moved at the end of last week I did not lose anything of significance but I did lose opportunities during and after the move, both in terms of business and personal. My last living situation was seemingly nice on the outside, a pretty decent house with lots of light, in an okay neighborhood, but it was far from ideal because I was at odds with it, with no one to blame but myself; my current situation is far from ideal as well, but it gives me the peace I need to make better decisions. The situation was so out of balance I even wrote a blog about it to channel the negative energy into something constructive.

When trading, environment and mindset is key. If the environment is a source of negative influence, how does this affect a trading career and how does it affect everything you do? I can answer in a word; it taints everything you do, but I can elaborate. It taints every decision you make, and trading is making decisions! If you are bathed in a constant stream of negative influence, bad energy, and disharmony, you can become desperate. You may not, but why stack the odds against yourself, when you are trying to accomplish something important. As I trade from home, I do not have the luxury of going to an office and leaving my home environment and all the potential distractions and stressors. When I think about all of the opportunities I missed or screwed up over the last several months, it is disheartening, but sometimes, the best lessons come with a high price.

Why fight negativity if you can leave it behind and concentrate on improving and succeeding. Now that I am partially settled, I can get back into a healthy routine and make better decisions for myself in terms of career and personal life. The lesson, be careful with both your associations and your environment because your time is valuable.

Swinging back to the positive, I dug up a great webinar by Steve Patterson that explains the upside of what I am saying here. If you are struggling as a trader, or you want to improve your game, the importance of rest and health is one of the keys, enjoy:

Becoming a consistent trader

No comments:

Post a Comment